Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Italian Sun definitely beats Minnesota Snow

Its 60 degrees out today with gorgeous blue clear skies.  I’ve already been for a morning run, my roommates are still sleeping (exhausted from their trip to Paris).  Next after showering I pack a lunch of carrots, an orange, apple and some crackers.  With my t-shirt and sandals on I head toward the river.
                I make my way to make what I think is East of the Ponte Vecchio (two bridges down) to a park I pass while running.  I find a place down on a cement ledge, past the Italian sun bathers sporting their speedos and underwear.  Only in Italy will Italians strip into their underwear in public just so they can absorb and enjoy the sunshine and warmth.  I hunker down right infront of the mini waterfall the noise creates a soothing lull with the occasion burst of noise from the Italians fishing a little way down the river from me.
                I open my new book with my ray bans protecting my eyes from the bright sun that is hopefully giving me a tan.  Four hours pass in the blink of an eyes, I get up and walk the ten minutes back to my apartment.  I'm so glad I don't have to endure the 20 plus inches of snow back in Minnesota with the less than pleasant temperatures.  I love this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment